- Benjamin Trail NP (Nitro Piston) XL Air Rifle
- Gas piston
- Bull barrel
- Ambidextrous stock with twin cheekpieces
- Textured grip & forearm
- 70% quieter than most other breakbarrels!
- Includes unmounted CenterPoint Optics 3-9x40AO scope
- Sling swivel studs already mounted
- Hardwood stock
- 9.70 lbs. with included scope & mount; 8.50 lbs. for just the gun (we’ve found that the weight can vary as much as 8 oz. due to fluctuations in wood densities)
It does not come with a sling.
If you shoot a lightweight pellet so its velocity exceeds the speed of sound, it could result in your pellet breaking the sound barrier and the gun being louder than expected! The speed of sound depends on humidity, temperature and altitude. Generally speaking, it’s between 1,060 fps and 1,115 fps.
Here are the benefits of the Crosman Nitro Piston:
- Smoother cocking
- Smoother shooting
- No spring torque
- No spring fatigue, even if you leave it cocked for hours
- Functions perfectly in cold weather
- Lasts longer than a metal spring
The owner’s manual states that the .25-caliber rifle delivers 950 fps. That’s a misprint. The max is 900 fps.